Summer reading is important. This 2:46 minute video will tell you more about why summer reading is so important for children (and adults!). This year we're supporting three local programs. Even better, we're going to share with you a way to maximize your prize earnings!
Three great summer reading programs
We're supporting three summer reading programs:
3. Rolly's Summer Reading Program (you're reading about it in this post)
Earn lots of summer reading prizes
Here's how to earn lots of prizes by reading this summer.
- When you participate in the Sac Library's summer reading program, you can earn a prize from the Sac Library.
- If one of the books you read for the Sac Library's summer reading program is a graphic novel, then you're halfway to earning a prize in Heroic Girl's summer reading program. Here's how. Here are a few graphic novel suggestions for various age groups recommended by HeroicGirls.com.
- When you've read your first five books for the Sac Library's summer reading program, enter that information into the Sac Library's summer reading website.
- You'll receive a prize notification in your inbox on the Sac Library's summer reading website.
- Print out that prize notification and show it to us. We'll let you select a free comic book! Children get to select from select children's comic books. Adults get to choose from a number of select comic books for older readers (there are some great options!). Note: one free comic book per individual.
|Prize notification sample.|
Rolly's Summer Reading Program
So, in a nutshell, Rolly's program is for you to join the Sac Library's program, read five books, and bring us the print out (or show us on your smartphone), so that you can receive a free comic book to add to your summer reading stack!