|Untitled sketch by Krysten Rose. December 2014.|
together a list of
Of course, there are always more surprises just around the corner, so stay tuned.
Top 7 New Things at Empire's Comics Vault in 20151. Active students receive a 10% discount on all purchases February 2015 through May 2015! Students must show a valid student ID. That's all we'll accept, so make sure to get your student ID asap. If it's a junior high school, high school, or college ID and it's current, then the discount is yours.
2. Empire's Writers Group -- Every Thursday night, we're setting out our tables and writing! Join us from 5:00-9:00 p.m. to write your heart out. Whether you're writing a comic, a movie or play, a novel or a non-fiction piece, come one down and let's write together. Of course, this comes out of our love for NaNoWriMo, but why wait until November? Write now. Plus, later in the year, we may bring together you writers and Empire's Sketch-A-Day members for one big meetup. Note: All the art used in this post is by Empire's Sketch-A-Day members.
|Willy Wonky by Jared Konopitski. October 2014.|
3. Seniors 50 and older receive a 10% discount on all purchases February 2015 through May 2015! Valid ID required to be shown. And don't worry, we won't be moving the age back over and over like some organizations do!
4. Active military servicemen and women get a 10% discount in 2015. Current military ID required. Need we say more?
5. 10% off graphic novels all the time for Comic Book Savings Club Members. Ok, ok, this benefit debuted in 2014, but we've decided to renew it for another year. You already know how amazing it is to be a Savings Member, and you've heard the great things other Savings Members say about the program. Now all you need to do is sign up! Heck, we even have a special money-saving program for parents and their young readers. But wait, there's more for you Savings Members!
|Northern Borderland Guard, ink and digital 11x14, by Nate Flamm. 2014.|
6. No Strings Free Comic Book Month (FCBM)! So, normally, for FCBM, you're required to show up each Saturday to unlock new freebies the following Saturday. Well, if you were a Savings Member as of December 31, 2014, this no longer applies to you! Just show up any Saturday during FCBM, stand in the VIP Line -- YES! VIP LINE -- and you'll get access to that Saturday's freebies. If you're not a Savings Member, all we can say is sign up before December 31, 2015 so you can qualify in 2015 for VIP Status.
7. View New Releases with Covers on our Facebook Page. Visit our page and click on the "New This Week" tab in the top menu section. Try it out!
Naturally, these discounts may not be combined with any other offers or discounts and are not good toward art in Empire's Art Gallery.