|George Warren, KXTV News 10; John Marcotte|
with Stella and Anya
Thank You, John Marcotte
We can't talk about the graphic novel reading club without first talking about John Marcotte. He's one of our amazing customers.
We can't thank him enough for first bringing the graphic novel reading club idea to us and then for bringing to life the Explicitly Graphic Novel Reading Club.
Watch for him at the shop and at discussions and be sure to meet him. There's a good chance you've already seen or heard about his daughters. In addition to raising two wonderful little girls, he's doing a lot of other amazing things.
Read Bill Willingham's Fables and Let's Talk
Therefore, we're pleased to announce that, starting Thursday, September 18, Empire's Comics Vault will bring back the graphic novel reading club.
Our first graphic novel selection is Bill Willingham's magical series, Fables. This first volume is a self contained murder mystery that introduces you too a host of fables, shown in a whole new light, living in New York City.
We will talk about the art, the story, the delivery, the characters and anything else that pops up about the selected Graphic Novel.
How To Participate
- Check out the line-up below to see which graphic novel or collected edition titles we'll be reading and discussing each month.
- If there's a title you're interested in, talk to Ben at the shop or message him via Facebook or Twitter, and he'll make sure there's a copy of the book for you.
- You may participate in one or all of the discussions or whichever ones interest you. Also, you can get the book at the shop or the library or the one that's already in your collection.
- Show up by 6:30 p.m. on discussion night, and we'll take over Empire's Lounge and get into the book! Feel free to bring something for yourself to eat and drink or something to share. There are decent food options on Fulton Avenue and a convenience store in the shopping center.
- Check our events schedule regularly for new and updated entries.
Graphic Novel Reading Selection by Month
Here's what we've selected to get started. If there's something we should consider, please let us know and we'll add it to our growing list of titles.